What are the Top European Cars out now?
When we talk about the best European cars a few names invariably pop up for contention. Volkswagen is the undisputed leader among the automakers. Ford has had a remarkable comeback. Opel is one of the more popular brands in Europe. Renault, Peugeot, BMW, Mercedes, Fiat, Skoda, Nissan and Toyota have staggering market shares. While the likes of Hyundai are struggling to find a place in the top ten, a few vintage models have always been head turners and money spinners. If we have to look at the top European cars out now, we cannot do so with stringent budget considerations. There are of course some popular cars which are relatively affordable and some inarguably stunning models which can burn a hole in the wallet.
Going by sheer numbers, the top European cars out now are:
- Volkswagen Golf having clocked 408,970 in sales through the three quarters of 2015.
- Ford Fiesta having clocked 248,556 in sales during the same nine months.
- Renault Clio with 231,321 units sold in 2015.
- Volkswagen Polo with 230,784 sold through nine months.
- Opel / Vauxhall Corsa with 210,374 units sold till now.
While numbers tell a story, public perception and the love of those who are crazy about cars will have a different inference. Let us explore some of the top European cars out now that can stun any and sundry.
- Alfa Romeo Giulia, priced at approx £22,000 is on sale right now. This executive class sedan is definitely aimed at a larger audience and its style with a 1.75-litre petrol turbo engine makes a statement. It means business.
- Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf priced at a staggering £400,000 is on many wish lists but only a few would manage to buy it. Aston Martin did not have a very pleasant 2014 with its negative growth but it is turning the leaf with Lagonda Taraf.
- Audi R8 priced at £119,000 has managed to build on its original R8 launched in 2007. The V10 engine with output capacities of 602bhp and a variant of 533bhp, the car with only automatic transmission with scope of a manual gearbox should the people want and the classy yet sporty design makes Audi R8 a dream ride. The cost may be a bummer though.
Some of the other top European cars out now are: Audi Q7, Audi RS3, BMW M2, BMW 3 Series, BMW X5 plug-in Hybrid, BMW 7 Series, BMW X1, DS 5, Ferrari 488 GTB, Fiat 500X and Ford S-MAX among others.