As we inch closer to spring and hope for a pleasant summer, we would want to hop on our favorite motorcycle or bike and embark on a road trip. Even if you don’t have the time for an extensive road trip crisscrossing the country, you can always make time for a short trip on a weekend. There are many bikers who would rather ride than drive and they are always on the lookout for some of the finest motorcycles on the market. Here are the top European motorcycles in Killeen right now, from the sheer number of sales.
- BMW R1200GS is the absolute favorite right now. You would imagine that a BMW bike would only fascinate a James Bond, Jason Bourne or an Ethan Hunt. Many associate BMW with cars and high end bikes which is not wrong but BMW R1200GS has scripted history of sorts. The bike is the clear winner in Germany and is one of the most favored in the UK. If you thought people were getting less adventurous then think again. High end bikes are selling like hot cakes.
- Yamaha MT-07 is the second most popular bike in Europe. Yamaha as a brand has always been a market leader across the world but its sales had dipped in the last ten years, particularly owing to competition from the rivals. Many new brands had emerged as worthy competitors and then Yamaha reviewed its pricing policy. Yamaha MT-07 is a market leader in France and it is a bestseller in Germany and Italy. The UK has witnessed a staggering increase in sales of the MT-07 through 2015.
- Peugeot Kisbee 50 is not really a bike. It is a moped but it is still a motorcycle. Its mammoth share of the market in France and its foothold in Italy ensures that the model finds a place on the bestselling European motorcycles right now.
- Honda SH150 has been a bestseller in Italy. Honda may not have the biggest market share in the UK or even in Germany and France but its performance in Italy has skyrocketed its position on the list of top European motorcycles.
- Yamaha finds a worthy fifth place on the list with its T-Max. The other bestselling European motorcycles are Kawasaki Z800, Honda SH300, BMW R1200RT, Piaggio Zip 50 and Yamaha MT-09. Clearly, BMW and Yamaha are ruling the roost in Europe with Honda strengthening its foothold.